24 Jan Quick Fixes: Dining Room
Want to revamp your dining room? A quick fix to update the look and feel is to paint an accent wall, or even the ceiling. Dark colors helps center the room and draw your eye inward, while adding a pop of color.
Don’t be afraid of darker colors. Use contrast to lighten things up! Check out our Idea Book on High Contrast for more tips on how to pull this off in a way that suits your home.
Pepping up your dining room with an accent wall is easy following these simple tips to make sure you get the accents you want and don’t spread the love (paint) to the rest of the room.
- Make sure the wall is clean.
- Lightly sand the surface.
- Tape off the trim, windows, and doorframes.
- Use primer.
- Use a brush to paint places you can’t roll, such as near taped off areas and corners.
- Repeat 2-4 times until your accent color is as rich as you want!
Don’t want to tackle a painting project? Use large artworks to give you that same dark accent pop! Order online for easy shopping.
Image Source: HGTV